Drop off and Pick Up Procedures:
Morning Drop Off Supervision
- Begins at 7:45. Earlier drop offs is strongly discouraged as there is no designated supervision prior to 7:45 a.m.
- Students report to playground area when gates open at 7:45. Kindergarten students may play on their playground, and students in grades 1-6 may chose to participate in a morning walkabout or sit at the lunch tables and chat with friends.
- Students are not go to the classrooms unless they have made special arrangements to meet their teacher.
- The gate at the rear parking lot on Lincoln closes promptly at 8:00 AM. Students arriving after the gates are closed must enter through the front office.
Parents & Family Members – In order to maintain a secure campus environment for all students, parents are not permitted to enter via the student gates. All parents and family members wishing to come on campus must check in at the office. We do welcome parents to join our morning volunteer corps . Please complete and submit our volunteer form and district volunteer approval form.
Dismissal Time Dismissal Instructions
- Please complete the dismissal instructions form in the registration packet on our website so that we can assist your child in getting to the appropriate place after school.
Primary Students (K-3) Parents Walking on Campus to Meet Students
- We ask parents who are walking to pick up their primary child to wait on the gated lawn area. Students will be walked over to meet parents in that area.
- Parents are not to go onto the main campus near the classrooms while waiting with or for students.
- After 2:20, parents may sign in through the office if they need to see a teacher or go to the library.
- Parents are asked to avoid the sidewalk areas in front of the school office and kinder building at pick up time.
Parents picking up students via car. Front Parking Lot (Center Street)-
- This is the parking lot pick up zone for grades K-3. Upper grade siblings may also meet their primary siblings for pick up here at 2:20. K-3 Teachers will walk their students to grade level specific pick up waiting areas.
- PLACE A CARD WITH YOUR CHILD’S LAST NAME WRITTEN IN BOLD VISIBLY ON THE FRONT DASH OR VISOR.
- Enter the front parking lot and pull forward to the indicated sign in the loading/unloading zone to allow cars to enter behind you.
- Stop and STAY IN YOUR CAR in the drop-off/loading/unloading zone only.
- You may not park or stop in the “drive-thru” lane. Students are not to be dropped or picked up in the “drive-thru” lane. Students will not be allowed to cross traffic to enter your car. We will assist your child getting in and out of the car.
DO NOT signal your child to run between cars to meet you or enter the car on driver’s side.
Kindergarten Parents - Please do not stop in front of the Kindergarten building. This backs the entire line of cars up along Center Dr. Kinder students will be escorted to the cars for safety.
Upper Grade Students (4-6) BACK PARKING AREA (LINCOLN ST.) – GRADES 4 – 6 STUDENTS ONLY
- Teachers will monitor students as they exit to back parking area.
- Students will exit through back gates and walk along designated walkway in back parking lot for safety purposes.
- Pull all the way around the “horseshoe” parking area as far as possible before stopping to allow cars to enter behind you.
- Students will wait in walkway area to be picked up and will not be permitted to walk through parking area to exit or enter your car.
- Upper grades students who have primary siblings will walk to the front of the school to meet their sibling. Please do not ask primary siblings to go to the back.
GENERAL SAFETY GUIDELINES FOR PARKING AREAS
- Teachers are on duty to assist the traffic flow and see that students get safely to their cars.
- Please follow their directions. If you are instructed to move or park in another location, please understand that it is only to promote the safety of our students.
- Parking and leaving your car is permitted ONLY in designated parking spaces.
- Students who walk or ride bikes must follow the walkway to exit the school.
- Bus loading zone is marked in front of the Lincoln gate driveway. Please do not block this area.
- Carefully read and adhere to all posted traffic and parking signs and markings.
- The sheriff’s department does monitor our drop off and pickup area and issue tickets.
- When walking children through the surrounding neighborhood and parking lot, use sidewalks when available and cross at intersections or crosswalks.
Instructions, good-byes, and after school play arrangements should be taken care of outside of school, not at the curb.
BEING A SAFE, PATIENT AND COURTEOUS DRIVER HELPS EVERYONE AND KEEPS OUR KIDS SAFE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!