Students are expected to dress appropriately for the school day following OUSD dress code standards. Reasonable care should be taken by parents to make sure that the child attends school properly attired.
- Footwear must be worn at all times. Tennis shoes and other appropriate shoes allow participation in school activities. Open-toed sandals or shoes without backs may not be worn to school for safety sake.
- If a hat is worn to school, it is kept in the student backpack during classroom instructional time. It is expected that students wearing hats will follow accepted hat etiquette (i.e. removing the hat when inside a building or classroom, saluting the flag, and wearing the hat with the “bill” in front, etc.).
- Tank tops, spaghetti straps and open-back shirts or blouses, bare-midriff tops, nylons, baggy/over-sized jeans, short skirts, and “short” shorts are not appropriate for school. (Appropriate length: arms extended must touch bottom hem of shorts and skirts).
- Make-up is considered inappropriate for elementary school.
- Friday are SCHOOL PRIDE Days and students are encouraged to wear their Serrano Spirit Shirts to school.