Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Education Place (www.eduplace.com)
- Pre-K-8 elementary educational resources for teachers, students, and parents.
Internet Safety for Students
- This is the website students will use for Internet safety instruction throughout the school year.
- A fun site where kids of all ages can learn and master their multiplication facts quickly and easily.
Khan Academy (khanacademy.org/)
- With a library of over 3,400 videos on everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and hundreds of skills to practice, Khan Academy is on a mission to help you learn what you want, when you want, at your own pace.
The Travels of Wiglington and Wenks Virtual World (wiglingtonandwenks.com)
- An entertaining and educational site where kid design their own avatars, assist historical characters and explore both real and imaginary world. "This site has the perfect education-to-fun ratio..."
- Clickable educational games with problem solving and graphics. Math and literacy challenges (ages 6 and up)
- Prescreened videos that are sometimes silly, usually funny, and always kid-friendly
NGAkids Art Zone (nga.gov/kids/zone)
- Interactive activities from the National Gallery of Art, kids use cool tools to play with art! Control it, morph it and create it!
- Intriguing interactive activities designed to intrigue and engage!
- Phonics-based site cultivates literacy with animated stories and activities for beginning and new readers. (ages 3-7)
Free Rice (freerice.com)
- Student love this one! Kids learn while they help fight world hunger! For every correct answer to a multiple choice question (in various subject areas), the site donates ten grains of rice the the UN World Food Program. (ages 8 and up)
National Geographic Kids (kids.nationalgeographic.com)
- Photo galleries, activities and games have the excellent educational content and high production values you would expect from NatGeo, but it is the unusual science and animal videos that really steal the site!