Welcome to Orange Unified!
Updated for Phase 2 Reopening
Registration for your child’s new school year begins with an easy, online process through your Parent Portal!
BEFORE you complete the registration process, parents will see a banner on their Parent Portal* account that says, “You have not completed the Student Data Confirmation Process.” (See picture below).
Parents are REQUIRED to review annual notifications and update student information by clicking on the banner. Completing “Data Confirmation” creates the student’s Emergency Card for the new school year. The new Emergency Card is required for back-to-school registration, every year. Parents/Guardians MUST create a new Emergency Card for each student attending OUSD.
Once you login to your Parent Portal account*:
- Update telephone numbers for parents and emergency contacts, provide updated student health conditions.
- Complete a residence survey (for possible McKinney Vento qualification) and identify whether or not one parent/guardian is Active in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Complete the Technology Survey for device and internet access.
- Authorize or Decline Emergency Medical Treatment, Internet Use and Photo Release.
- Acknowledge annual notifications regarding the Parent/Pupil Handbook Notification of Rights, eDocs “paperless” Program, Human Reproduction Education (secondary schools only), Myers-Stevens Student Accident Insurance and the Native American Program.
Information, instructions, and forms for each notification can be printed from the Documents page.
|REQUIRED REGISTRATION FORMS|
The Kinder/1st Grade Physical Exam Requirements Form, completed and signed by parent/guardian is required for Kinder students in OUSD. The K/1st grade Physical Exam Requirements Form may be submitted electronically once you have submitted your Parent Portal Data Final Confirmation.
PLEASE NOTE: Your school will have additional REQUIRED registration forms and information to acknowledge and/or complete, sign and submit to the school. The school’s required registration forms may be submitted electronically once you have submitted your Parent Portal Data Final Confirmation.
*IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PARENT PORTAL ACCOUNT: Please complete the Parent Portal Form and submit to your school office with identification. Click Here to Download Parent Portal Form
Parent Portal Data Confirmation DOES NOT allow parents to make the following updates:
- Change of Address: A current utility bill or Residence Verification is required.
- Change of Email Address: A new Parent Portal form is required.
- Change of Parent/Guardian: A court order, OUSD Caregiver form is required.
- Court Orders: A copy of most current restraining, custody, or other order is required.
- Name Change: A court order, amended birth certificate document or OUSD form is required.
- Delete an Emergency Contact: Only school staff can delete Contacts per parent/guardian request.
During school closure, the above changes MAY REQUIRE the parent/guardian to email the appropriate required documents AND a copy of parent/guardian identification to the school office. Contact your school office for further information.
For questions about Registration and completing the registration process,
please contact your school.
Thank you for continuing to be a part of the OUSD family!