Villa Park Elementary Historic Building
Villa Park Elementary School had two historic buildings that were constructed between 1919 and 1926 that are listed in the National Register of Historic Places. These buildings were placed out of use in the early 1970s due to safety concerns and sat, fenced in, within the center of their campus since. After several years of discussion, public input and consideration of what to do with these historic buildings, the Orange Unified School District (OUSD) determined that they would be removed from the campus. The demolition of the buildings was completed in June and July of 2017. To mitigate the loss of the historic school buildings, OUSD contracted a consulting firm, GPA Consulting, to photograph the buildings prior to demolition, conduct an oral history project, and compile a memory book to commemorate the buildings. This book is the product of that effort.