Links for Kids
The following links are in no particular order.
- This is the website students will use for Internet safety instruction throughout the school year.
- A fun site where kids of all ages can learn and master their multiplication facts quickly and easily.
- With a library of over 3,400 videos on everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and hundreds of skills to practice, Khan Academy is on a mission to help you learn what you want, when you want, at your own pace.
- An entertaining and educational site where kid design their own avatars, assist historical characters and explore both real and imaginary world. "This site has the perfect education-to-fun ratio..."
- Clickable educational games with problem solving and graphics. Math and literacy challenges (ages 6 and up)
- Interactive activities from the National Gallery of Art, kids use cool tools to play with art! Control it, morph it and create it!
- Intriguing interactive activities designed to intrigue and engage!
- Phonics-based site cultivates literacy with animated stories and activities for beginning and new readers. (ages 3-7)
- Student love this one! Kids learn while they help fight world hunger! For every correct answer to a multiple choice question (in various subject areas), the site donates ten grains of rice the the UN World Food Program. (ages 8 and up)
- Photo galleries, activities and games have the excellent educational content and high production values you would expect from NatGeo, but it is the unusual science and animal videos that really steal the site!