Each week the students will visit the library to check out books. The books need to be returned the following week. If the students return their book, they will be able to check out a new book. The students are responsible for any lost or damaged books.
When is the library open?
- The library is not open at this time. However, you may visit the library website, look above, for many links to online books and websites.
How often will my child visit the library?
- Each class is scheduled to visit the library once a week for 30 minutes. Students also have the opportunity to visit the library during lunch.
How long is my student allowed to keep a library book?
- Students may keep their book for one week and then return or renew it during their next classroom library visit.
How many books may my student check out?
- Kindergarteners may check out one book each week. First graders start the year with one book; later in the year they may check out two books. Second through sixth graders check out two books. One additional book may be checked out for school reports or projects.
What do I do if my child loses a book?
- If a book has been damaged or lost, please check with the Library Media Tech as soon as possible to determine the cost of replacement.
Click the link below to see if a book you would like to read is available in our school library. You will be directed to choose a school. Choose Crescent under Elementary Schools and then click on the Catalog tab at the top of the page.
Crescent Online Library Catalog
SCHOLASTIC READING COUNTS
Reading Counts is a highly motivating reading activity. After reading a book, students take a computerized quiz that will assess how well they understand the book. When students pass a quiz, they are awarded points based on the number of correct answers and the length and difficulty of the book.
To see if a book you would like to read has a Reading Counts quiz available, click here.
Need help finding a good book to read? Click here.