If your child becomes injured or ill at school, he/she needs to immediately tell the classroom teacher or teacher on duty. Your child will be sent to the office, and you may be contacted to pick your child up from school.
Medication should be taken at home with parent supervision whenever possible. Prescriptive and non-prescriptive medication may be taken at school only under adult supervision by school personnel. Students are not allowed to carry prescriptive or over the counter medication at school. Parents may provide student medication to be given by school personnel.
A school nurse or health clerk is available at school. The district offers the following health services to all students.
Vision and hearing screening
- Immunization requirement coordination
- Health record maintenance
- Special health referral processing: health care, vision, dental, and/or community resources
- Emergency care at school
- Supervision of the control of communicable diseases
- Health information interpretation