Spanish Immersion Academy (iInspire Academia)
California Elementary School is a public TK-5th grade school in the Orange Unified School District. After extensive surveying of parents in the community during the 2013-2014 school year it was determined that parents were interested in a Spanish Immersion program to better prepare students to compete in a global economy. The Spanish Immersion program called the iInspire Academia started in the 2015-2016 school year with our first Kinder class.
The iInspire Academia is a one-to-one iPad academy integrated into a Spanish Immersion curriculum. The academia is exclusive to California Elementary School in the Orange Unified School district.
* 50% of the instructional day is conducted in Spanish and 50% is conducted in English. The academia offers a balanced program that emphasizes both English and Spanish Language development.
* A class set of iPads is dedicated to the classroom.
* The teacher utilizes an iPad and Apple TV to stream multimedia teacher and student presentations and multimedia information.
* Intensive Professional development support is provided to integrate technology seamlessly into an immersion curriculum to meet the high demands of 21st century learning.
- Benefits of Enrolling in an Immersion Program
- Information Night & School Tours
- Online Interest Forms / Formularios en línea de interés
- Online Application/ Solicitud en línea
- Enrolling in the Spanish Immersion Academy (iInspire Academia)
- In the News
Academic and Educational Benefits:
Learn another language without sacrificing mastering the English language. English proficient immersion students are capable of achieving as well as, and in some cases better than, non-immersion peers on standardized measures of reading and math in English.
Language and Literacy Benefits:
Enhanced levels of meta-linguistic awareness (i.e., knowledge of how language works) which has proven to be important to reading acquisition.
Cognitive Skill Development Benefits:
Improved performance versus monolingual students on tasks that call for divergent thinking, pattern recognition and problem solving.
Economic and Sociocultural Benefits:
Greater understanding, tolerance, appreciation and respect for other languages and cultures.
Ability to communicate with other ethnic and cultural groups.
Ability to take advantage of opportunities that are available only in other languages.
Enhanced employment opportunities once school is completed.