Mark Your Calendars
We had a great first full week back and our gearing up for what will most certainly be a wonderful year! Our Spirit Wear store will be open on August 29th. This is a limited opportunity to purchase scholl attire. We will be celebrating our school spirit weekly on Fridays.
Use the Store Link once our store becomes available.
Join our Dad' Club
Join the Dad's Club today!
We are now actively recruiting Dad's to join our Dad's club! The AHES Dad’s Club is a volunteer organization that works to assist students, staff and the PTA of Anaheim Hills Elementary. Ultimately, our goal is to improve the school’s ability to provide a positive learning environment for all students. As much as our school and children benefit from our involvement, we find that the dads get some pretty good benefits from being a part of this club as well. Fun events, like working the school garden, gives each dad an opportunity to work with other dads and to get to know them well, while doing something our kids will benefit from.
Our Dad's club is an amazing group that helps support with projects at the school site.
Past projects include:
- Paving/restriping the parking lot
- Building an equipment closet
- Adding backpack hooks
- Mounting fundraising tiles
- Building school front benches
- Organizing and building shelving in the PTA Container
- Building the friendship garden
- Building a lost and found cart
- Building a backdrop
- Building recess carts
You can see some of the past projects here.
For questions please contact the 2022/2023 School year DADS Club President Jeff Richardson at 714-812-5335 or Jeff.W.Richardson1@gmail.com
Picture Day - September 8th
Save the memories!
Picture day approaching quickly!
THIS IS A PREPAY EVENT. PAYMENT DUE ON PICTURE DAY.
Orders placed after picture day may be subject to a $8.50 handling fee. Digital Flier/order form linked here
What is a Room Parent?
A room parent is a volunteer who helps their child's class to support the teacher and the PTA. Room parents help with classroom events and facilitate communication between the teacher and the other parents in the class.
What does a Room Parent do throughout the year?
- Plan and recruit volunteers for classroom support and school events
- Collect money to fund seasonal class party craft supplies and games.
- Coordinate holiday, birthday, year end teacher gift from the class
- Assist AHES PTA during Teacher Appreciation Week activities
- Keep an up-to-date list of contact information for all classroom parents
If you are interested in becoming a Room Parent this year (YAY!), please
provide the information requested below to Sylvia Carrasco-Bustillo at
School Site Council Interest Ballot
We are in need of 3 parents on our school Site Council. These are elected positions that serve a two year term. We will meet a minimum of 4 times over the year. The responsibilities of School Site Council include but are not limited to:
The District Advisory Committee/District English Language Learning Advisory Committee (DAC/DELAC) meets at least 4 times per year as well. One of the 3 parents elected to our SSC should be parent of an English Learner. They will represent our ELAC (English Language Advisory Committee) and will attend DAC/DELAC meetings and provide updates to the SSC.
If you are interested in serving complete the form linked here or click the picture.
Volunteer and Visitor Guidance Update
- Volunteers who work more than five hours per week must provide vaccination status, obtain a fingerprint clearance through the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigations, and submit to a tuberculosis (TB) risk assessment/examination. Volunteers are responsible for all associated costs.
- Volunteers who work less than five hours per week must provide vaccination status. A Megan’s Law registered sex offender check will be completed for volunteers who work less than 5 hours.
- Volunteers are not to start until clearance has been received from Human Resources.
- Volunteers will continue to go through the Informed K12 process. The final step will require volunteers to either upload a vaccination card or agree to weekly testing.
- School staff will NOT monitor volunteer testing nor ask for volunteers for documentation.
Campus Visitors are able to visit OUSD campuses in compliance with Board Policy 1250. All visitors must have pre-arranged their visit with the Superintendent or designee. Visitors to any OUSD site must complete a Visitor COVID Attestation form attesting to either being vaccinated or having received a negative test within the last 72 hours.
If you are interested in volunteering or visiting the campus please contact the school office at 714-997-6169.
GET YOU YEARBOOKS!
ORDER EARLY! - Before 9/30/22
Yearbooks help us remember our classmates, school events, personal achievements, and trends of the time. Order early and receive a 10% discount on yearbooks. (Click the picture)
OUPSF Makes a Comeback!
Orange Unified Public School Foundation (OUPSF) is a group of parents, educators, and community leaders whose mission is to mobilize the community to provide equitable opportunities for all of our students to learn creatively, think innovatively, and collaborate effectively. They are dedicated to bolstering Orange Unified School District as one of the top school districts in Orange County by augmenting the resources that enrich OUSD students’ school experience and equip them to succeed in their education, career, and life. Please see the video message from OUPSF President Frank Tucker who reviews the OUPSF’s goals. For more information, please visit https://www.oupsf.org/ or visit their table at our school’s Back to School Night.
Plan on dropping your child off between 7:45-8:00. Our students academic day begins at 8:05. Many students are arriving past the 8:05 time which will be considered a tardy. We are giving a little grace on this over the first few days until the routine becomes more consistent.
Parking Lot Improvements
Morning drop off :
- Pull forward past the front office to drop off at the CARES Gate and reduce the wait.
- Do not stop and exit vehicles. This is slowing traffic dramatically.
- Move along after you have dropped off. Do not wait at the curb.
- Arrive before 8:00 to ensure your scholar is on time.
Parents of students in Grades 3-6 arriving early will be asked to pull through the lot and circle back from Serrano. Many are arriving 10-15 minutes early and are causing a traffic delay for our TK-2 parents.
- Grades 3-6 dismiss at 2:30 on M, T, TH & Fri.
- Arrive as close to the listed dismissal as possible for your child's grade level.
- Pull forward past the front office to pick up at the CARES Gate and reduce the wait.
- If you are making a right onto Serrano pull all the way through the lot past the office.
We will continue to monitor the lot and adjust as best we can. Remember this has historically been a significant challenge due to the design of the infrastructure at the site.
Parking Lot Drop Off & Pick up
Please cooperate, be courteous, and keep the safety of all children in mind. They are our highest priority. Please limit student drop off and pickup to the drop off zones marked in red. Do not park and exit your car along the drop off zone (sidewalk) or any other illegally parked area. All students may enter campus starting at 7:45. Plan ahead to avoid the wait.
Field Gate (1st- 6th)
Students in Grades 1-6 may enter campus through the field gate between 7:45 and 8:05.
CARES Gate (1st - 6th)
Students in Grades 1-6 may enter campus through the CARES between 7:45 and 8:05.
TK and K students will only enter campus through this gate between 7:45 and 8:05.
Follow the guidelines of the Student Symptom Tree
Follow Isolation Rules as Specified
We Will Notify You and Keep you Informed
Living Fit Nation will continue their PCR COVID testing into the fall of 2022. Testing will be from 2:00-5:00 at the four high schools and district office starting August 15 (currently testing is offered Tuesday and Wednesday form 12:00-2:00). Flyers will be sent out weekly (just like last year).
All School Meals Provided Free of Charge
Free meals will continue to be provided to all students in 2022-2023. Information can be found on the Nutrition Services website. Click on the picture to access the website.
Wednesday Brunch - New this Year
Connect with us through Instagram @anaheimhillselementary
Posted highlights of events
Check out the latest news on twitter @AHESPRIDE
Updated information regarding district outreach campaigns
Check out the website @ https://www.orangeusd.org/anaheim-hills-elementary-school
Detailed school information
AERIES Data Update
AERIES Parent Portal Updates
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! As the school year begins, you will have the ability to update emergency contacts, medical information, internet/photo release authorizations; as well as other important information through one simple and easy weblink. Please ensure the information is current and correct. Student class placement (teacher assignment) should be visible on Monday, August 15th in the parent portal.
In order to gain access to AERIES Parent Portal please log into the parent portal: https://aeries.orangeusd.org/parent/LoginParent.aspx
Once you have logged in, go to “Student Info” and select “Data Confirmation” from the drop down menu. You must go through the sub menus and press “Confirm and Continue” (green button) in order to continue to the next sub menu.
Make sure you press, “Finish and Submit” when you reach the final menu. There may be opportunities to submit paperwork via Informed K12. We highly encourage this option when applicable to streamline the enrollment process.
If you need to enroll for school, begin by submitting your information online at: https://www.orangeusd.org/enrollment
PTA Corner- Join us!
Anaheim Hills Elementary School6450 Serrano Ave, Anaheim, CA 92807