UPDATE: 3:45PM 11/19/2019
As of 3:45 p.m. there is no gas leak at Orange High School. A SoCalGas technician believes that the odor blew in from elsewhere and there is no cause for alarm. Orange High School’s gas service has been restored.
At 11:15 this morning, the aroma of natural gas was detected at Orange High School. Out of an abundance of caution, the gas was turned off, students were evacuated, and the fire department swept through campus. After the campus was declared safe by Orange Fire, students were returned to class.
SoCalGas is evaluating the cause of the odor.
For more information about Orange Unified’s multi-department approach to ensure student safety, visit bit.ly/OUSDStudentSafety