The Orange Unified School District serves approximately 30,000 students in grades kindergarten through 12th, and encompasses all or part of the cities of Anaheim, Garden Grove, Orange, Santa Ana, and Villa Park. In 1953, the citizens of the area voted to form a “unified” school district, combining the original five elementary districts with the high school district into one unified district, now known as the Orange Unified School District. The District has a long history of excellence that continues to grow and be enriched by the accomplishments of its students, teachers, staff and community.
The Orange Unified School District, being committed to planning for continual improvement, will offer a learning environment of excellence, with high expectations, to provide each student with the opportunity to be able to compete in the global economy.
Top Ten Core Values
- All students will learn
- All available resources will be utilized to ensure student success
- Everyone needs to model servant leadership
- Create a shared vision will empower others
- Communicating our shared vision requires honesty and consistency
- All people should be treated with respect and dignity
- Demonstrate trustworthiness by all we say and do
- Listen empathically and respectfully to understand the message beyond the words
- Everyone is our customer and, therefore, we will always follow-up and follow-through.
- What’s best for our students comes first and foremost